Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Feb. 20 Update


The Kindergarteners on 100's Day

Hello! Hope you are well!
I have decided to add “The Sneeze” video to our blog(see video below). The kids loved it and have been asking me to post it. I used it to teach a lesson about germs and preventing the spread of germs. 

This week, we are learning about nouns. The kids are already getting very good at telling the difference between a noun and a verb. Describing words are coming next. I’m trying to have them use more descriptive words in their writing. I have also been issuing a Two Sentence Challenge during writing! It’s amazing what a little encouragement will do! Some children have written 5 sentences!  Keep writing at home. 

Venn diagrams are our focus in Math this week. I included one In the Homework packet this week.  We are also reviewing tens frames, graphing and story problems. I have a ton of 100’s day and Valentine’s Day pictures to upload. I promise to post them soon! Don't forget homework packets are due Monday. Thanks for continuing to read with your child at home.  E-mail me anytime!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment